Welcome to the Bergenfield Volunteer Ambulance Corps (BVAC) website. BVAC has been serving the Borough of Bergenfield in northern Bergen County New Jersey since 1941 by providing the highest quality Basic Life Support (BLS) care and emergency transport free of charge. BVAC operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, answers over 2,000 calls annually, and never bills for services.
The Bergenfield Volunteer Ambulance Corps has an active membership of approximately 35 volunteers, from age 18 to retirement age, and a cadet program for 16 & 17 year olds. Our members have various careers including accountants, bus drivers, computer programmers, office workers, paramedics, firefighters, police officers, realtors, salespeople, students and more. Every active riding member of BVAC is a certified Emergency Medical Technician.
Among the services we provide are:
1. Emergency transportation and care
2. Rehab for fires and other emergency incidents
3. Stand-by for community events
4. Mutual-aid emergency response to neighboring volunteer ambulance squads
5. Free loans of medical equipment when available
6. Blood drives
Please e-mail us for more information on any of these services.